by Diana Pasquini, San Juan Ridge Family Resource Center
We are supported by several grants that are administrated by Nevada County Superintendent of Schools; and we are housed on the beautiful Oak Tree School Campus through the generosity of Twin Ridges Elementary School District. Although we are very grateful for what those two entities provide, it is up to us to earn the money to pay for most of our operating expenses, including electricity, propane, internet, garbage, office supplies, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, etc. We are also responsible for cleaning the buildings and maintaining the grounds. We earn all the money that pays our specialists for children’s classes, camps, and activities, as well as purchases arts & crafts supplies and sports equipment.
Our goal is to continue to provide the range and level of services that now exist and to expand our programs by providing additional high quality children’s sports and arts activities throughout the year.
This is a lot for two women (though we be mighty) to accomplish on our own. If you would like to join us, there are many ways in which our friends and neighbors can help the San Juan Ridge Family Resource Center to meet our obligations, continue to serve our community, and provide high quality children’s programs:
· We accept cash donations in any amount from any one at any time.
· Donate your old vehicle to the San Juan Ridge Community Library. They split the donation with us so that you are helping two Ridge institutions at once (more info page 9).
· Buy an ad in Ridge Connections, our monthly newsletter, at $10 per month or $100 per year.
Without our dependable, hard-working volunteers our pantry shelves, clothes closet, and wood shed would be empty. If you are able to lend a hand, please consider the following needs:
· Yard work (raking, mowing, etc.)
· Removing star thistle
· Picking up trash on the grounds and parking lot
· Assisting with the semi-annual Adopt-a-Road clean-up
· Helping unload food donations on Friday afternoons
· Assisting with special events
· Cleaning & disinfecting children’s toys
Anyone interested in donating or volunteering can reach us by calling 292.3174.
We are grateful to our community for its on-going support. THANK YOU!